Rental & Utilities

IF you need rental assistance act now: UWKC website go to this link and then rent tab

Rent Issues during the Coronavirus Moratorium

Neighborhood Legal Clinic (free legal service 206-267-7070)

Financial Resources for Washington Residents including rental and mortgage:

Emergency Rental Relief –

Supporting our neighbors at greatest risk of housing instability

Because of COVID – 19, many of our neighbors are challenged to meet their basic needs including housing. Stable housing improves economic, health, and other key life outcomes for individuals and families. We are fortunate to have a number of organizations with expertise in providing support to families to ensure they remain in stable housing. During this crisis, increasing resources to help families remain stably housed is critical.

Donate to organizations working to support families to remain stably housed:

Multi Service Center

Individuals and families in temporary crisis may receive assistance for rent and other emergencies. MSC also provides resources and case management to help families with children birth to 24 who are at risk of homelessness to obtain and keep stable housing.

Mother Africa

Mother Africa provides direct support for community members in need plus connections to information and resources. Case management for emergency support and long-term stabilization, plus flexible funding to re-house families or help them avoid losing their home.

Iraqi Community Center

The Iraqi Community Center of Washington, provides support to those that are in need of housing support. We work with our clients to provide them with the financial security they need to make their housing payments. 

Kent Youth and Family Services

KYFS provides progressive case management tailored to each client based on the needs and goals they identify.

Vine Maple Place

Vine Maple Place assists families in crisis by helping single parents and their children build lives of hope, stability, and greater economic self-sufficiency. We provide direct support services, which include financial literacy training, employment and livable-wage development, housing case management, counseling and life skills development, and child and youth services.

Catholic Community Services

The Emergency Assistance program helps families, seniors, and people with disabilities with a variety of emergency and basic needs. Services include:

  • Rental assistance with case management
  • Utility assistance

Kent United Methodist Church

Shared Bread can help with an amount toward Utilities, Rent, or Water bill.

St. James Episcopal Church

The Outreach Ministry provides low-income Kent residents and the homeless with food, water, clothing, utility shut-off assistance, drivers licenses and IDs, referral information, and prayer always

St. Vincent de Paul

If you or someone you know is in need of emergency assistance, please call the St. Vincent de Paul Helpline Center at 206-767-6449.

Solid Ground