Deadline for applications: March 16
- Rotary Club of Kent – Rotarians have served the greater Kent Community since 1958. For more than 40 years, Kent Rotary has awarded scholarships to graduates of the Kent School District, both for academic achievement and for pursuit of career and technical education. This year’s international theme for Rotary is “Be the Inspiration”.
- Kent Sunrise Rotary believes that investing in our community’s youth is a paramount responsibility. Developing a service-above-self mindset begins early life, and the Rotary ethic of selflessness drives all that happens in Rotary. Sunrise Rotary Club has provided, since 2008, scholarships for students pursuing an education in a two or four year vocational/technical program (welder, electrician, nurses aid, ultrasound or X-ray technician, equipment operators, etc.).
- Kent Area PTSA Council’s mission is to provide leadership development, information and community services to the local PTA leaders at PTA’s in Kent School District schools, so we can collectively support the education and well-being of every child in the district.
- Valley Girls & Guys – was originally formed in 2007 by Tina McDonough as a 3-Day walking team to raise money and to support the Susan G. Komen 3-day Walk for a Cure, in honor of her friend, Michelle. The group is a 501(c)3 non-profit.
Valley Girls & Guys has now expanded their efforts to all cancers and has recently transitioned to lavender for “all cancers.”
Valley Girls and Guys are actively raising money year round to not only fight cancer, but to help patients and their families during treatment. We are changing and saving lives EVERY DAY!
- Kent Schools Foundation – mission is to engage with families, educators, businesses and the broader community to fund innovative and supportive learning opportunities for every student in the Kent School District. They have taken on a new role, to evaluate and award The Emiko Craig scholarship, which was created from the love of the “Arts”, Emiko enjoyed attending the plays at the Kent School District high schools. Her legacy is to support students in pursuing the arts, that could not otherwise afford to do so.
- Rock Steady Boxing–
Our Mission: The mission of Rock Steady Boxing is to empower people with Parkinson’s disease to fight back.
Rock Steady Boxing gives people with Parkinson’s disease hope by improving their quality of life through a non-contact boxing based fitness curriculum.
This scholarship is funded by the Rock Steady Boxers themselves. The money that they donate during their boxing sessions, which are called “Sweaty Bucks” support many organizations within our communities.
- Daniel Ross Salon and Skincare – has been in Covington for over 15 years, and believes that being a part of the community is supporting the community. This is their first year with a scholarship and they are excited to join the rest of the donors to support the students of Kent in their future.